Gum Arabic is a dry exudates obtained from the trees of both acacia senegal and acacia seyal and uses in a range of food and beverages as additive and recently used as food ingredient. Sudan produces nearly to 80% of world production and over 98% exported abroad mainly to Europe countries, USA and Japan. Very few amounts go to the rest of the world. The gums were used widely in these countries where the customers need restrict quality management measures regarding the product and its handling procedures till it reach the end users.
Acacia seyal (Var. fistula left and Var. seyal right)
Gum Arabic is available in different varieties and grades such as:
- Hand Picked Selected (HPS) grade, Hashab (Acacia senegal)
- Kordofan Cleaned (KC) grade , Hashab (Acacia senegal)
- Kibbled grade (KB) grade, Hashab (Acacia senegal)
- Mechanical Powder (MP) grade, Hashab (Acacia senegal)
- Cleaned Talha (CT) grade, Talha (Acacia seyal)